Wednesday, May 26, 2004

Today was a public holiday of some sort.

So, yeah, I didn't have to go to work today.

I have no idea what kind of holiday it was, but I don't really care at this point. Besides, it's already 10:18pm.

It's a good thing I finally got DSL installed at home, though. Otherwise I would have spent the day OUTSIDE, WALKING AROUND, and then it means I probably would have spent MONEY - which is bad, because I'm shit broke right now. Oh well, payday is on the 31st! Yay!

I found out that it was a holiday today under rather interesting circumstances. It was getting near the time we get off work when one of my co-workers went up to me and said:

"By the way, you're going to have to come into work today."

'Uh... WOW! BIG NEWS! It's a Wednesday, of course I'd have to come into work!', I thought.

Five seconds later: "Just kidding!"

I sit in silence for a few seconds.

".... I don't?"

So, yeah, another half an hour without that joke and I probably would have stupidly and obliviously gone to work this morning. Heh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home