Friday, June 25, 2004

Well. I'm not dead.

So, I went to Shenzhen right after the extraction, so I didn't really post on here. I'm back to slacking off at work today, though, so here's an update!

So, yeah, the extraction.

The advantage of local anesthetic is that you feel no pain in the few hours immediately after the extraction. The pain slowly creeps in as the time passes, until it quite obviously hurts after three hours or so.

It was under these circumstances that I bargained for and bought my new laptop, but I'll get into that later.

After five or six hours, the pain reached the peak. It felt just like it did when that area got infected before the extraction, except the pain was maybe 5-10 times as sharp. Ouch. That wasn't pleasant.

I suppose the pain is good, though. Pain means that they didn't sever any major nerves and paralyze my jaw. Pain is a sign that everything is going all right, just... painful. Heh.

I... wasn't able to eat much that night. A quarter of a bowl of congee. Ugh.

The day after, though, was much better. The pain had receded into a dull ache. My cheek, however, was now visibly swollen. It pretty much felt okay as long as I didn't try to chew anything and nobody made me laugh.

Laughing hurts now. God damn.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home